AGGRESSIVE ALASKA DUI/DWI ATTORNEYS PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
LAWYERS DEFENDING ANCHORAGE-AREA CLIENTS AGAINST CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
Our DUI lawyers in Anchorage understand that good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about complex Alaska DUI laws, and analyze every aspect of the prosecution’s case, from the initial traffic stop to Breathalyzer tests, to build you a strong defense.
We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and we challenge the evidence against you with the skill we have developed over 45 years in the field. Our Anchorage DUI attorneys work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What Are the Penalties for a DUI in Alaska?
Throughout Alaska, law enforcement officials have been expanding efforts to crack down on drunk driving offenses.
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including:
- Loss of license
- Higher insurance costs
- Heavy fines
- And jail time
The attorneys at Phillip Paul Weidner and Associates A Professional Corporation have the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you, and the tenacity to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Counselors Advising on What to do If You Are Stopped for Driving Under the Influence
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself:
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers leave you alone.
- Clean out your glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
- Take the sobriety test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest.
ADVOCATES COMMITTED TO CONFRONTING DRUNK DRIVING CHARGES
At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses. Contact an Anchorage DWI attorney immediately. If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified and determined defense lawyer who has the knowledge and experience to help you win.
Call Phillip Paul Weidner and Associates A Professional Corporation today at (907) 276-1200 or contact us online to set up a consultation at our Anchorage, Alaska office.
Monumental and Brilliant
“Not only have they helped give me a new life and freedom, they have also given immense happiness to my extended family and friends. Their work will also give hope to others who can now refer to it in their efforts to obtain their own freedom.”
Determination, Dedication and Endurance
“A very big reason I was able to endure such a nightmare, was knowing and watching Phil’s determination, dedication and endurance. He is truly a brilliant man. The last 30 years, not a day has passed I don’t thank God for putting him in my life.”
Incredible Fighters for People’s Rights
“The end result was a confidential settlement and I cannot fully express my admiration and respect for them and my gratitude for what they did for me. Now, me and my girls, will live a very comfortable life thanks to them!”